1. Cancer Information Service - The National Cancer Institute's (NCI's) Cancer Information Service (CIS) is a national information and education network. The CIS is a free public service of the NCI, the Nation's primary agency for cancer research. http://www.cancer.gov/aboutnci/cis Phone: (800) 4-CANCER (800-422-6237), 1-877-44U-QUIT;
2. Cancer Statistics - Find cancer statistics, understand cancer statistics, and read about statistical tools and data. http://www.cancer.gov/statistics Phone: (800) 4-CANCER (800-422-6237).
3. Cancer Topics - Check this site out for information regarding different types of cancers, screening and testing, coping with cancer, treatment, support and resources, prevention, genetics, and causes, as well as cancer terminology resources. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics Phone: (800) 4-CANCER (800-422-6237).
4. Clinical Trials - This site has lots of information on cancer clinical trials - learn about clinical trials, read about recent developments in clinical trials, find a clinical trial, read all about conducting a clinical trial as well as clinical trial results. http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials Phone: (800) 4-CANCER (800-422-6237).
5. PDQ (Physician Data Query) - NCI's Comprehensive Cancer Database contains peer- reviewed summaries on cancer treatment, screening, prevention, genetics, and supportive care and complementary and alternative medicine; a registry of almost 2,000 open and 13,000 closed cancer clinical trials from around the world ; and directories of physicians, professionals who provide genetics services and organizations that provide cancer care. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq Phone: (800) 4-CANCER (800-422-6237).
6. United States National Library of Medicine - Use various searching databases to find out about grant funding opportunities, learn about the history of medicine, online exhibitions and digital projects, human genome resources, network of medical libraries, training and outreach, health services research and public health. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/ Phone: (888) FIND-NLM (888-346-3656).